Monday, January 3, 2011
Utopias
I think that utopias can be both good, and bad. The one is the book is an example of a bad utopia. I can't even begain to imagine a community with out color or memories. Only fifty childeren were born a year, and if anymore babies were born they would be killed, or "released." I also think that it is a bad thing because they couldn't remember any memories. If you really think about it, our world could have only come so far because of the past, and all everything the people in the past have created. We wouldn't know anything if it weren't for the past, memoreis, and creations. Our world has been able to come so far because of the help of others. In Jonas's community no one actually helped eachother, unless it was a very important occation. How were they able to make it so far with so little knowledge? In this book utopias are not a good thing, in my opinion it was more of a distopia. I know that because his community killed people, couldn't see color, and they weren't allowed to choose their own jobs. That is what I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment